Community Solar 2.0
Time & Location
About the Event
Sign up now to lock in your savings before subscription slots run out!
Like last year when 51 Croton residents subscribed to the system atop the DPW garage, CS 2.0:
· allows anyone not having solar panels on their property to access solar power from local sources
· reduces greenhouse gases (GHG) by displacing fossil-fueled power
· gives a ~10% discount (average over a year) off your electric bill
· has no fee and allows you to drop out any time with no penalty
· welcomes anyone participating in Community Choice Aggregation (CCA).
· eliminates requirements for access to bank info and a second bill to process the discount.
Learn more about community solar at https://www.crotononhudson-ny.gov/sustainability-committee/news/sign-now-community-solar-20-cut-10-your-electric-bill
This summer, “consolidated billing” will incorporate the discount into your Con Ed bill. At about the same time, power will start to flow from a new solar installation in Yorktown. As with all CS projects, subscriptions are first-come, first-served, so subscribing now will hold your place in line.
Signing up now will also help Croton get points toward a $70,000 grant to be used for local projects that further cut GHG emissions. Everybody wins!
For details and to sign up, go to https://ecogyenergy.com/croton-cs All you will need is your Con Ed account number, and pictures (or a PDF) of your recent Con Ed electric bill.